🚀 cachegrand v0.2.1: New Commands, Snapshot Save at Shutdown, Performance Enhancements, and More!
We are excited to announce the release of cachegrand v0.2.1, we have introduced several new features and performance improvements!
✨ Here's a quick rundown of what's new in v0.2.1:
- Support for
SAVERedis commands, this update brings support for new commands, allowing you to save the dataset to disk on demand.
- Support for
SHUTDOWN NOSAVERedis commands, you can now safely shut down your cachegrand instance with or without saving the dataset to disk.
- Saving snapshot (RDB) at shutdown, you can now configure the saving of a snapshot at shutdown via the
- Improved database limits checking, we've made enhancements to the database limits checking, ensuring a smoother and more efficient experience for users.
- Enhanced FFMA handling of realloc operations, the Fast-Forward Memory Allocator (FFMA) has been improved to handle realloc operations more effectively.
- Fixed memory leak issues, we've addressed a memory leak issue that occurred when freeing or replacing values.
- io_uring ring registration, with a kernel version 5.19 or more recent, cachegrand can now register the io_uring ring, enabling even better performance.
- Prometheus enabled by default, we've made it easier than ever to monitor your cachegrand instance by enabling Prometheus by default in the skel config file and in the Docker image, it's available by default on port
9090under the url
- Updated Performance Tips, to help you get the most out of cachegrand, we have updated our performance tips.
With these new features and improvements, cachegrand continues to push the boundaries of Key-Value store performance. We are committed to making cachegrand the go-to solution for developers and organizations seeking the fastest and most efficient Key-Value store available.
cachegrand can now do its first steps in production environments as the new release now allows to to load and save (RDB) snapshots, save them on demand, on a schedule, on shutdown and via the SHUTDOWN SAVE (SHUTDOWN NOSAVE to skip the dump at the shutdown)!
💣 cachegrand is still the fastest out there, take a lookat the latest round of benchmarks!
- in single thread mode, 5% faster than keydb and 9% faster than redis when reading, 15% faster than keydb and 11% faster than redis when writing 🔥
- with 64 threads, 30% faster than dragonflydb when reading and 15% faster when writing ✨
With pipelining (batches of 64 commands):
- with 64 threads, 3 times faster than dragonflydb when reading and almost 2 times faster when writing 💣
For transparency, the benchmarks' raw data are available in thecachegrand-benchmarks repository.
🔗 Visit our website https://cachegrand.io/ and GitHub repository https://github.com/danielealbano/cachegrand for more information.
Also, don't miss out on the opportunity of joining the beta testing for a Cache-as-a-Service platform based on top of cachegrand, visit https://cachegrand.io/cache-as-a-service for more information.
🎯 To try it out
docker run \ -it \ --pull=always \ --ulimit memlock=-1:-1 \ --ulimit nofile=262144:262144 \ -p 6379:6379 \ -p 6380:6380 \ -p 9090:9090 \ --rm \ cachegrand/cachegrand-server:latest
Happy caching! 🎉